Privacy Statement Kato Group BV (hereinafter referred to as Skerper)
You have heard of us (or want to get to know us better): we test and sell products that bring a smile to our faces and we provide service as if we were customers ourselves. The same applies to your privacy. You have entrusted us with you personal information and we promise to treat this information with care. As if it concerned our own privacy. How? We would love to explain. If you have any questions after reading this statement, please contact our customer service department.
We store your data in a safe environment, secured with the most modern techniques. Our employees are aware of the content of the privacy legislation and we will do everything in our power to adhere to the rules. Not only today, but also tomorrow and next year. It doesn't matter which cool new ideas we will introduce, we will always keep client-privacy in mind.
We sometimes take things up a notch, but you might have grown accustomed to that. When cooperating with third parties - you will read below why and when we do - we demand that the third party in question handles your data just as carefully as we do and uses it only for the purpose for which it was given to him. If, however, you still feel there is room for improvement, please let us know via our customer service department.
This statement was altered last on 29-12-2020. The information in this statement applies to all Kato Group BV websites.
Which data do we collect?
When you place an order we need information to, for instance, safely and correctly complete your payment and deliver your order to the right address. Or to reach you in case something goes wrong. We also collect cookies, but more about that later.
This is the personal data we collect:
- Your name and address details
- Phone number
- Invoice address
- Email address
- Payment method
- Order history
Did you create an account? If so, you can check out your order history, manage your wish list or (un)subscribe to our newsletter. If you wish to make any further changes, you can, for the time being, only do so by contacting our customer service department.
For what purpose do we collect this data?
It sounds obvious: to deliver your order we need your address, or that of the recipient. Obvious as it may be, we still want to explain it to you.
Processing your order
- To make sure we can properly process your order, we use your name and address information. We store your personal information in case you wish to return your order or for warranty purposes.
- If necessary, to make sure we can properly process your order, we may also provide your personal information to third parties, such as our carriers.
Processing your payment
- To properly process your payment you choose a payment method. You share any other payment information via this payment method and your bank, not with us.
- In order to simplify the communication regarding your order and/or other questions, we use your contact information. We store this information and the contents of the before mentioned communication in a secure environment.
- Via our web shop we enable you to ask questions via different channels (such as chat, email, telephone and social media). You are the one to decide which information you provide when you use one of these channels.
Execution of statutory duty
- In order to comply to our legal obligation we store your order history, including the payment details, within the set statutory period. The Tax and Customs Administrations office requires us to store our administration including your invoice, payment and order history for seven years.
- To prevent fraud we will use your IP address, home address and payment information if there is a legitimate interest. Upon official request from an authority figure in the field of law and order we will share this information.
The personal information is stored as long as necessary to process your order(s), including warranty, unless there is a legal obligation to store them for a longer period of time (such as the tax obligation mentioned above).
Disclosure to third parties
We share your information with partners who are involved in carrying out our business operations. Under no circumstances are they allowed to use this information for other purposes than those set up by us. The secure transfer of your information is safeguarded by an agreement between Skerper and the partner in question. We are committed to this. If we are not satisfied we will end the cooperation.
We take technical and organisational security measures to limit abuse and unauthorised access to personal information. Our internet connection is secured with a SSL. Access to our database is limited via secured accounts. Our employees are aware of the new privacy rules and adhere to them.
What we DON’T do with your information!
We DON'T send personalized deals: the price is the same for everyone. Fair's fair!
We DO NOT sell your information to third parties. We sell knives. And pans, flashlights, power banks and...
We DO NOT publish your information. In the case of a data leak we will go to great lengths to make sure the problem is resolved as soon as possible. In addition, if necessary, we will inform you and the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (The Dutch DPA, Data Protection Authority) as soon as possible.
Cookies make life, and a visit to our website better! Cookies make sure you don't always have to fill out the same information if you visit our website again. The contents of your shopping cart, for instance, will be stored for you.
Visit our cookie page for more information. You can always remove the cookies via your browser settings.
Accessing and changing your personal information
If you have any questions with regards to our privacy statement or questions referring to accessing and changing (or removing) your personal information you can always contact us via the information listed below. To prevent abuse, we ask you to adequately identify yourself. We want to make sure no one else is in control of your personal information. It is best if you submit your request via email.
Something you don't agree with?
We would love to help you if you have any complaints with regards to how we handle and process your personal information. We are also curious to find out if you have any tips. Truly not satisfied? In accordance with privacy legislation, you have the right to lodge a complaint at the Personal Data Authority against how we process personal data.
To lodge a complaint you can contact the Personal Data Authority.
Kato Group BV owns the following websites:
If you wish to talk to someone, please contact our customer service department on working days at +31 (0)85 888 44 77.
Do you prefer email? If so, send a message to [email protected].
Visiting address: Skerper | Laan van Westenenk 8 | 7336 AZ | Apeldoorn Visiting hours on working days between 10.00 - 12.00 and 13.00 - 17.00.
Postal address: Kato Group BV | P.O. Box 2469 | 7302 ER Apeldoorn